Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton

As I read the story of the little house I become worried for it at the perils of urban sprawl.  The story makes me think of nature,  countryside, and tranquility that sometimes can be only felt out of big cities. I almost felt for the house as if it were a human growing lonely in the huge city surrounded by the strangers.  The Little House is an call for an idyllic life in the countryside far away from the concrete and noises of the city.
After listening the story students would differentiate between the natural changes and man-made changes in the environment over time.  The students would then write about the feeling of the little house.  Students will compare and contrast what the little house saw in the country and in the city.
When I lived in Bosnia my desire was all the time to live in the city. Nowadays I am happy to live in the outskirts, further away close to the city but still in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment